US Tourist Visa is one of the most desired visa of Filipinos, maybe the world. It’s not easy to acquire because of the US Gov’s general paranoia, but I love it that they may grant you 10-year multiple-entry visa. I got my 10 year multiple visa in 2009 and was useful during my 2011 trip around the world as it allowed me a lot of flexibility. It also let me instantly confirm an invitation to Visit Guam in 2017.
It’s time to renew my US visa as it expires in 2019 and I have plans to visit next year. Because I currently hold a 10 year visa (and other criteria), I am eligible to renew it via dropbox. If you’re applying US visa for the first time, <– click the link.
Eligibility Criteria for Interview Waiver (Dropbox):
- I have a previous B1/B2 visa that I wish to renew.
- My visa was issued after July 1, 2007.
- My prior visa was valid for at least five years.
- My prior B1/B2 visa is still valid or expired within the last 12 months
- I am a citizen of the Philippines.
- My prior visa does not say “Clearance Received” or “Travel with Employer”.
- I have my passport with my B1/B2 visa in my possession.
- My name, date of birth and gender on my last B1/B2 visa do not need to be changed or corrected.
- My most recent visa was issued on or after my 14th birthday.
- The last time I applied for a B1/B2 visa it was approved.
4 Steps in Renewing US Visa Online
Fill-Up DS-160 Form
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form. It’s an easy form you can finish in 30minutes or less. You’ll be asked to enter personal information, address and telephone, passport details, US travel plans, travel companions, previous US travel, US contact, immediate family, work and education, and last but not the least, 5 pages of Security questions, which hopefully you can honestly answer NO to all of them.
The confirmation number generated after filling up the form is needed to set up appointment. To start filling up your own form, click this link –>DS-160 Form
Pay for your U.S. Visa – How to Pay US Visa Application Fee?
Visa Fee are non-refundable & non-transferable. US Visa Fee can be paid thru BPI online for BPI customers, Bancnet online for Bancnet customers, or Cash at BPI branches in the Philippines.
There are 2 ways to pay US Visa Application Fee: (1) Online via BPI website or Bancnet website (2) Directly at the BPI Bank Branches.
Pay Visa Online thru BPI or Bancnet
For online payment, generate a unique receipt number and follow instruction on how to go about setting up online payment <here> . You must enter this reference number when making the online payment. This number will also be serve as your receipt number in booking the appointment.
The advantage of using this option is you don’t have to line up at the bank and can do it any time of the day, but it can be a confusing but manageable for people with average IQ. There is a 24H waiting time when your payment is posted.
Pay at selected BPI Branch
Paying at BPI branches is definitely simpler but note that not all branches accept payment. Before going to the bank, you have to a US VISA FEE DEPOSIT SLIP with which you need to bring with you to BPI when you pay. If you are applying for B1/B2 visa, this is the link –> Deposit Slip 160$ MRV Fee
Unique Receipt Number – every time you click on that link, it generates a unique receipt number . If 2 or more people are applying visas together, you need to generate 2; one for each applicant. DO NOT print one and photocopy.
Expiration Date – the US VISA fee deposit slip has an expiration date of 5 days. It means that if you did not pay within 5 days, you need to generate a new one. The Expiration date is reflected on the paper. You just don’t want to go to the bank and found your paper already expired. BPI is one of the lousiest bank in the Philippines where in you need to live long to get served.
After making the payment, guard it with your life. If you lose the payment receipt, you may have to pay again.
Create a Profile US Embassy Site
Create a profile on this Apply US Visa site. After filling up the DS-160 Form (step1) and making payment (step2), you will create a profile where in you will correlate the DS-160 form with the payment via the numbers. Once done, you can download dropbox confirmation letter.
The following info is needed while filling up this profile:
- Passport number
- MRV (Machine Readable Visa) Fee Payment Receipt Number
- Ten (10) digit barcode number from the DS-160 confirmation page
4. Send Requirement via 2Go Express
The following are the requirements you need to send
- 2 recent ID pictures with white background, facing front and neutral face
- currently valid passport (obviously)
- old passport with the expiring US visa
- all passports in between the current and the old
- dropbox confirmation letter
- DS-160 form
- proof of payment
Embassy of the United States, Manila
1201 Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila