Visa to China is required for Philippine passport holders
Per usual, this blog post will only deal with requirements for Chinese Tourist Visa Application. For other purposes, please refer to their website. This is updated May 11, 2018.
Chinese Visa for Philippine Passport Holders Requirement:
- Passport – Original passport that is valid for at least another 6 months with at least one blank visa page, a photocopy of the passport’s information/photo page and emergency contact page.
- Visa Application Form – You must submit truthfully completed and signed Chinese Visa Form 2013 Do not leave any field blank. Write N/A if the question does not apply to you.
- Photo – Affix one color photo on the Application Form. The photo should be recent, front view, white background, in 48mm x 33mm size without head covering. Glue the photo to the appropriate field. Stapled/taped/clipped/detached photos will not be accepted.
- Travel itinerary
- Airline Ticket reservation
- Hotel Reservations
- Invitation letters from China, if applicable
Got Previous Chinese Visa?
If you’ve had Chinese visa before, you should submit a photocopy of the visa. If the visa is on your old passport, you should also submit the old passport.
First Time Chinese Visa Applicant?
Need to provide financial document such as below
- Bank certificate including 6-months bank statement
- Employment certificate stating salary and length of employment
- BIR stamped income tax return form
- For Businessmen, provide business papers and latest ITR.
- Professional ID, student ID when applicable
- All other relevant document you can think of that could prove your financial capability to support your travel to China
How to Apply for Chinese Visa?
- Applicant may submit his/her visa application in person or entrust someone (with authorisation letter) or a travel agency to submit on his or her behalf.
- No appointment is required.
- Mail applications will not be accepted.
- You may be required to go to the Chinese Embassy for an interview if the visa officer deems it necessary.
How much is Chinese Visa and how long does it take?
- Single Entry 1400 pesos
- Double Entry 2100
- 6mo Multiple Entry 2800
- 1yr Multiple Entry 4200
Regular processing time is 4 working days. For expedited application, additional fee will be collected. Visa payment is made during passport collection. Only cash payment will be accepted.
- Express service (3-days): +1100 pesos
- Rush service (2-days): +1700 pesos (not applicable for first time application)
Special Administrative Region of China
- Hong Kong, SAR – Philippine passport holders are allowed entry without visa for a stay of up 14 days.
- Macau, SAR – Philippine passport holders are allowed to visit for 30 days without the need for visa
Who doesn’t need visas to enter China as tourist?
- Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan holding ordinary passports may enter China without a visa provided that they come to China for tourism, family visit, business or transit, and intend to stay in China for no more than 15 days.
- The citizens of the following countries do no require visas to enter China for stay less than 72 hours (in transit, for example) Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lativa, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, America, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the Uinted Arab Emirates, Qatar
- Hold connected passenger tickets and are in transit to a third country or region by an international aircraft, ship or train via China, will stay for not more than 24 hours in China without leaving the port of entry.
Consular Office of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
2nd Floor, the World Center,
330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue,
Makati City, Metro Manila
Visa Office Hours:
09:00 am to 11:00 am Monday to Friday
Inquiry: 0063-2-8482395 ( Work Day 09:00 –11:00, 14:00–16:00 )
Related Visa Posts
How to Apply Australian Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Japan Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply UK Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Tongan Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Korean Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply South African Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Schengen Visa in the Philippines